Friday, August 13, 2010

Frog and Eagle...they must love us

Our little brown/green frog was back again last night, having discovered that there is a veritable feast for the having and all he has to do is sit on the lid to the mailbox.  Zach and I were observing him last night when a moth flew near him and...well...it's short life because shorter.  After that we left him to it and went indoors.  He was still there munching down when Tom got home at 3 a.m. 

And today we had one of the best encounters of our lives.  I was sitting at the stoplight watching a bird off in front of me, wondering just what it was, when it veered toward us and flew right past.  A bald eagle.  I love living here!  That's the second one I've seen.

How can I not follow this path when I have so many encounters with Nature that seem to be an affirmation, an overt affirmation.  Not subtle by any stretch of the imagination.  I mean...when you have a deer standing across the street from you in your neighborhood, on your block, in your city, what are you supposed to think?

I had some books come in at the library:  Confessions of a Pagan Nun by Kate Horsley and Bonewits's Essential Guide to Witchcraft and Wicca.  I'm not sure how much the Bonewits book will be as I'm not on the Wiccan path but I'm interested in all things Pagan so it should be interesting. 

I'm a bit off today, energy-wise and achy from the fibromyalgia.  So I plan on spending the bulk of the night on the bed, knitting or reading or drawing.  I got some books from the library on texture and colored pencils.  I'm more interested in refining my sketching and pencil drawing right now, but it doesn't hurt to read ahead on some things.

Since I'm really not feeling well, I'm going to head off to bed now.  Supper is in the oven and won't take long once the chicken is done.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. May it not flare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I think a lot of it is the humidity and the rain. I have no idea why weather affects the joints but it does.

    I need to get in shape though. That would help with these aches and pains. Although initially they will cause more. LOL

    ReplyDelete