Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm so honored

Inannasstar has afforded me the honor of Versatile Blogger, the first award this blog has won...ever.  I'm bursting my buttons tickled about it.  Thanks, Inannasstar!!

The rules for Versatile Blogger are:

1.  Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3.  Pass the award along to 15 bloggers whom you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
4.  Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
(Rules are flexible in case you're not good with rules.  Or you can look at them like the Pirate's Code...they're more like guidelines.)

So...7 things about me.

1.  I was a majorette in high school.
2.  I was involved in a drug sting operation working with an undercover vice detective when I was in the Navy.
3.  I have had fibromyalgia for 21+ years.
4.  I wrote a book when I was 9 and asked my mother to type it out for me.  I found it in the trash the next day.  It killed my writing career.
5.  I wrote a nativity play for my former fundie church that was seen by over 800 people but wasn't allowed to get any credit for it although the director and actors did.  (Do you see a pattern here where my writing career is concerned?)
6.  I have lived in Germany, Guam, Texas, California, Oregon, Indiana, Wisconsin, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee and Illinois.
7.  I was once in a grocery store at the same time Clint Eastwood was although I only saw the back of him as he was heading out the door.

I'd like to pass the Versatile Blogger award on to:

Hecate
The Gods are Bored
The mogs blog, the meandering of a cat through yarn and life
Rue and Hyssop
Ramblings of a Newbie Pagan
Frugal Freedom

Okay that's not quite 15 but I streamlined my favorite blogs so I'm not online all day anymore and since I lurk there it's going to be a bit scary for me to award people who don't know I exist.  I have such an inferiority complex.

I'm behind on everything today so I will post more tomorrow about how things are going.  For now I'm going to enjoy looking at my award for a while.

Thanks again, Inannasstar and check out her blog and the other blogs I've listed here.  They are terrific!

edited:  I fixed the link for Inannasstar's blog which apparently didn't take the first time.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award, I really appreciate it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've heard that in Hollywood they treat writers like crap too. Seems like an occupational hazard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this!

    Drug-sting operation? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ever so for this, will look forward to posting it soon, just got a pile of VAT returns to complete first :o(

    jen

    ReplyDelete