Thursday, June 24, 2010

From my kitchen window

I saw Mrs. Cardinal giving Mr/Ms. Chipmunk a piece of her mind this morning so I'm guessing that their acquaintance isn't as friendly as I first assumed.  The chipmunk hied off the the neighbor's garage (apparently he owns lots of real estate in the neighborhood...the chipmunk, not the neighbor) and Mrs. settled down in her clemantis nest (I spelled it right today.)

When we got home from shopping, the Mr. was sitting on the reel mower beside the clemantis and made a dash inside the flowers when we got out of the car.  The pretty much confirms there is a nest in there so I won't try to remove the wayward tree that is growing in the midst of the purple beauty until the wee ones have flown the nest.  I can wait that long.  It makes me want to wash my dishes by hand more now that I have a show to watch.

Inannasstar mentioned in the comments yesterday that I might want to look for my power animal now.  I'm intrigued.  I've heard about spirit animals/spirit guides/animal guides before but I haven't been in any hurry to rush into anything since I'm letting myself be led rather than trying to lead on my own (and end up completely lost since I don't know where I'm going.)  I'm not sure what a power animal is but I'd love to look into it since I seem to be drawn more and more to the wildlife around me.  I've often thought the hawk was trying to tell me something as I see him nearly every time I'm out but lately the rat bastard chipmunk is in my thoughts and dreams.  So maybe he has something for me as well. Besides the grief I go through when he taunts the dog through the window.

I'm feeling better emotionally and spiritually.  Hopefully physically will come along soon enough.  The full moon falls on a Saturday but I'm going to go ahead and try to do something in spite of Tom being home from work.  Maybe he won't notice what's going on and will just think I'm out enjoying the moonlight in my faery garden.  I'd like to burn some old branches for my garden (the tobacco needs ash) and have a short ritual.  I'm also planning on cleansing my crystals that night.  They need it badly.

I've been trying to be more intuitive with moderate success.  I keep second guessing myself but I'm doing much better.  The Tarot is coming along for me.  I usually just do a three card spread nightly, doing the Celtic Cross once a month or so.  My cards are almost always the same every night except last night.  It was really bizarre how it deviated from the norm, but it was still right on target.  It had more to do with standing up for myself spiritually so I'm wondering if it has to do with the upcoming visit from my priest.  I think it's time I was bold enough to tell her I no longer believe and can't go through the motions anymore.  And give back the key.

I lost one of my favorite earrings (Tom gave them to me for Christmas) last night and I'm really unhappy about it.  I have no idea where or when I lost it.  I don't know of any particular ritual or prayer but I'm going to do a visualization at least because I suspect the fairies have done it.  Okay maybe I just lost it in my sleep, but the fairies had to be there to loosen it as it was on there pretty tightly.  I have been thinking for a while that I haven't been out to the faery garden to clean up their altar or to offer them any presents lately.  I'm not going to lose my sanity over this earring but I would like to find it.

I just have to figure out what to give them this full moon.

Time to get busy in my kitchen.  I've been so tired lately that it's gotten cluttered and needs a good scrubbing.  I've got a rosemary and sage soy candle that Tana gave me that I'll use to cleanse it after I scrub it.  I have a little kitchen altar there that I'll get a picture of after I clean (and put up new curtains...I've wanted new curtains for 12 years.)

Off to be productive for once.

3 comments:

  1. Not too long ago I wrote a blog post about Animal Totems. http://inannasstar.blogspot.com/2010/05/magical-mondays-animal-totems.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you might like this link too, check out what it says about Cardinals

    http://www.animalspirits.com/index17.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the links. I saved them to read tomorrow morning when I can concentrate better. The Ted Andrews books look really good but aren't in our library but maybe I can find a way to fit them into my birthday budget in September.

    ReplyDelete