Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Solstice!

It was a wonderful Solstice even if I didn't get to see the lunar eclipse because of the snow.  I had just started to light candles when my firstborn called and we ended up talking for nearly an hour.  At which time my intentions weren't as ambitious and the ritual became shortened a bit.

When it came time to perform the ritual, it seemed foreign to me and not exactly what I wanted to do so I winged it yet again.  Only this time I must say that it made for an incredibly intimate and powerful event.  After I called peace from the compass points, I lit the candles of the goddess and the god and placed my yellow (Lugh) candle in the holder.  At that moment I got such a tingling in my body that I felt as if I was in the presence of something much greater than I.  After a brief meditation on the return of the Sun and the Sun God, I lit Lugh's candle and nearly cried with the intensity of emotion.  Then I simply sat and talked to the god/desses about the return of the light and how blessed I felt to be called by them.  It was enough to just sit in their presence.

I do intend to incorporate established ritual into my life but I also plan on going with my heart when the god/desses request that, also.  Today Danu and I had a long talk in the parking lot of StuffMart, because that seems to be a sacred space for me, as odd as it sounds.  Zach and I have long used that parking lot to have heartfelt discussions and sort out things that have troubled us.  It was a safe place during a time of abject fear for us. 

There are times I just can't handle the intensity of energy and power that goes along with ritual so I use those times to merely sit and commune with the god/desses.  I have decided that it's time to begin my studies on magic although I plan on starting slowly and building up.  As I said, that intensity of energy overwhelms me at times.

All in all it was a magical experience even without the lunar eclipse.

Merry Solstice, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Yule Blessings and Warm Solstice wishes to you and Zach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rituals from the heart are always best! Solstice blessings to you and yours! . . . . "Stuffmart!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warm Soltice blessings to you, too, Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debra,I still have problems praying because I just never know what to say...a problem I always had in Christianity as well, but I do find the Goddess much easier to just sit and talk with. I have some written prayers I've found that I like and find a great deal of energy behind them. I'm still learning all of this.

    Merry Yule to you and yours, Debra.

    LOL Stuffmart comes from Veggie Tales because I don't want hits from people looking to correct me on my shopping practices. :)

    ReplyDelete