Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pagan pissing contests and a shameless promotion

I didn't do much last night beyond lighting some candles and reciting some prayers but it felt like enough.  No incense and no oils though.  I was pretty tired and just went to bed.

I'm more and more content with this direction, willing to learn and grow but not feeling any pressure to do it.  I've run into some Pagan pissing contests that make me roll my eyes because they sound identical to the ones I lived through as a Christian.  Just goes to show that people are people and it doesn't matter what religion or spiritual preference you are, there are always people out there who think your path is crap and theirs is golden.  And those who think you're fundamentalist about it and they're not. I'm not going to jump into that mess.  If someone thinks I'm New Age and not Pagan because I don't adopt a complete culture, I really don't give a shit.  If someone doesn't like it because one of the gods in their pantheon wants to build a relationship with me separate from that complete pantheon, fuck 'em.  This is my life, my path and my decisions.

Although I probably shouldn't be, I continue to be amazed at a group of individuals that profess tolerance really aren't all that.  Still there are some incredible people out there who do practice what they profess and make up for the jerks who just want to write the dictionary and control the definitions of things. 

My older son has written a book and sold over 3000 copies so far by self-publishing on Amazon.com.  Truthfully it's not in the genre I would choose but I have to admit that it's a pretty good book.  It's free until tomorrow and after that it's $2.99, I think.  It's for the Kindle but you can download the software for your pc and read it on your computer if you choose to.  It's got good ratings on the Kindle lists and has some good reviews.  The name of the book is Rosalind and it's about a girl who lived through abuse at home only to escape that and land in even more abuse. It's not a light read but it's very hard to put it down once you start reading it. 

 I'm still reading away on Magical Household.  It's not a 101 book but I love the history of folklore and methods of spiritual and magical protection that our ancestors used and that we can still use today.  I also have more books to get into once I can concentrate a bit better and I'm really looking forward to devoting some time each day for study, time for crafting, time for cleaning and purifying the house.  Maybe, thanks to Stephen, I'll put that book I've had in my head down in print.  Who knows?


No comments:

Post a Comment