Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A few pictures but more of the same

I've been spending less time online and more time in crafting and studying but not enough in catching up with my chores.  I think that will come in time if I can get my health situation back on track.  I realize more and more how the health/spiritual connection is so central to a person's well-being.  When I'm so tired I can't function, my brain shuts down and I feel completely empty.  Now I just have to figure out how to work the two together.

I took some pictures of my Samhain altar.  They're not great because my bedroom is dark but I'll show them anyway.  I also took some pictures of the ancestor wall above my altar.  And the witch figure I got at the Thrift store for less than a dollar.


My crystals are in the center.  The lovely meditation beads are a gift from Tana (as were the crystals).  The empty candle holder at the rear is Lugh's candle holder.  It will remain empty until Yule when he is reborn.


You can see my corn dollie in the upper right.  I have a problem in finding other people's altars so much nicer and better decorated than mine.  I really wish I could stop comparing myself to everyone else.


The ancestor wall.  My God's Eye is there, too, along with some pictures of my grandmothers and grandfathers, Tom's parents as well.  The lower picture is my Goddess picture in three forms:  maiden, mother, crone.  I'll try to get a better picture of it.

There is my little witch next to a picture of my late mother-in-law. I keep my spare candles and holders on top of the entertainment center.  I have few flat spaces in my house and none that are empty.  I got a closer picture of my little witch but it was all washed out from the flash.  I'll try to get a better picture of her as well.

I wish I could say I'm learning a lot but what I'm learning is more about me than about Druidry or Wicca.  Which, I suppose, is where I needed to start anyway.  I'm learning to follow my intuition which is easier when I'm not in the deficit on energy.  And I discovered today that my concentration is coming back along with my retention.  The studying is helping in that area.  I had forsaken being able to learn anything since chemo.

But for now, I need to go lie down because in spite of getting sleep again, I've still got no energy.  I am taking notes to talk this over with the doctor next month though.  I'm thinking I've got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as well as the Fibromyalgia, which has its own fatigue symptoms as well.  I'm also going to be talking to Tom about taking a few days away from it all (although I'm planning on staying in my room) on a weekend so he and Zach can do what needs to be done.  I just need time to not have to take care of anyone else for at least a couple of days.  I haven't had a day off from that in over 22 years.

I'm hoping when I get to the bottom of this, my blogging on both blogs will be more consistent.  And interesting.  How boring it must be to read about my pain and fatigue all the time.

I'm off to get the clothes off the line and into bed.  Zach is fixing supper tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I think your Samhain altar is great! Altars reflect our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your altar and I'm so glad to be able to see it. Thank you for sharing it with us. I love that the geode is 1/2 and I have the other 1/2. I see it right now as I write this.

    I took a picture of my altar too and I'll send it to you in an e-mail. Love and light and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete