Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shopping...the best medication for depression

If only it would last.

Magic will have to wait a week or so until I get my brain and soul back in sync.  Depression really sucks.

But shopping doesn't.

I went to the thrift store yesterday and came home with two little Grecian-type vases.  Very small, but nice for my altars.  The smaller one has a picture of two women facing an altar so that has replaced the spinning wheel tchotchke I used to represent the household goddess.  It looks much better and feels much more like Hestia.

The bigger one is on my main altar.  It has some Cupid like creatures and a Grecian woman on it.  Since I don't have anything for Hera just yet on my altar, and since it really does make me think of her when I see it, I will finally have a representation of her.  I'm using the Chrysanthemum stone for Persephone but I would love a statue or something.  I did see a statue of a woman with flowing dark hair and a black dress on but the facial expression was a bit stupid looking.  Plus it would have taken up significant space on the altar.

And it was in with all the angels and Christian stuff, too.  How odd.

I like to find little things that I can use for worship and ritual practices.  The hunt is as much fun as the kill.  So to speak.

I'm calling early night tonight.  When I wake up again...and I will wake up again...I'll do some ritual, consecrating my new vases and the fresh water I've put on there for purification.  But until then, I'm taking a nap.

BB

6 comments:

  1. I actually have a few statues I got at the Dollar Store, believe it or not. One of which is my Persephone statue.

    Do you have a Homegoods by you? LOVE that place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a Dollar Store, but not a Homegoods. I'll definitely check out the Dollar store though. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I did! And although I didn't sleep through the night, I do feel a bit cheerier today. Mayhaps the depression will lessen a bit, thanks to sleeping.

      Delete
  3. Lol, I once had a friend give me a Bast statue he found in the dollar store. the note said "Have a dollar store deity!" It made me smile.

    You would be surprised too what you find in dollar stores that have a more ethnic feel to them.

    I... am a mall rat and a shopper. I like to window shop and shop.. and poke about. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think I'm going to hit the Dollar Store today.

      Delete