Friday, October 3, 2014

Filling in the empty places

No, I didn't get the socks done in time.  Not even close.  In fact, I didn't even finish one sock.  So now I'm back to a more relaxed knitting routine.  As if I'll ever finish anything any time soon.

I love my Damh the Bard cds.  I finally realized what was missing for me.  Music that was related to my spiritual path.  I feel really complete now with my gods and the music to celebrate them.  The rituals are important to me but not as important as the empty places being filled.

It's blustery today with temps in the 40s.  Quite a change from last week.  Flurries are predicted for tomorrow morning and I don't have the house ready to use the furnace.  I have to put the storm windows on, plastic on the older windows, replace the duct in the basement that rusted out last winter and is 70% duct tape at this point.  Get all the windows shut actually.  The basement windows are still open.  Not easy for me to do today because my sciatica is acting up.  Oh, joy.

I love autumn best.  It's when I start feeling like I'm coming to life.  I'm a child of the night, I think.  I prefer the night to the day, the dark half of the year to the light half.  Cerridwen calls to me from the night and I see Cernnunos in the moonlit forest when I focus on him.

I can't remember the last time I felt this whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment