Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Ouch!

I'm still here.  Lots going on because Zach got a job and since he doesn't drive, I've been the chauffeur getting him where he needs to go.  He's going to try to drive again but first things first.  Let's get him going with the job.  Then worry about getting him behind the wheel.  If I can get him behind said wheel without him passing out from hyperventilating, that's a huge step forward.

OCD.  Not a joke at all.

I'm battling sciatica right now.  This is the worst it's ever been and has switched sides apparently.  Makes fibromyalgia seem like a walk in the park.  And it's definitely not.  The turmeric I've been taking has really diminished the pain from the fibro to the degree I'm only taking a couple of tramadol a week as opposed to a couple a day.  But this...tramadol didn't even put a dent in the pain level last night.  I spent the night in excruciating pain.  Which for me is a lot as I have a high tolerance for pain.

After a day of racing around getting Zach's uniforms, DMV and the credit union, I grabbed some tylenol, valerian and a heating pad and slept for 2 hours.  The pain is down to around a 7 on the pain scale.  It was up there at 9.  Unfortunately couldn't cook.  Standing or sitting makes it start creeping up there so I'm off to bed here in a minute.

The full-ish moon was lovely tonight but with this pain I can't concentrate on ritual.  I'm just going to light some candles and ask Cerridwen's blessings on me and mine.  Definitely not getting up before dawn to see the eclipse.  At least not on purpose.

Off to bed.  Zach and I are going to study a bit tonight.  I've discovered Kristoffer Hughes's books and love them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment