Friday, August 26, 2011

Taking the weekend off

I only got about 45 minutes of sleep last night due to an anxiety attack over the cancer meds the surgeon doesn't want to refill for me.  He said it would be a couple of days and he would get back to me but this is the third day and still no phone call.  In light of my oncologist saying to him that my cancer is in danger of coming back I don't know why he doesn't want to refill the meds.  Sure, no one knows whether or not they still are doing anything since it's been 7 years since I started taking them but since there is no evidence it doesn't work and since I am still cancer-free and since I have had zero side effects, I don't see what the problem is.  Fretting about this kept me from sleeping although I'm pretty sure I'll get a nap in this afternoon.

I bought a dehydrator for Tom's tobacco last night.  I couldn't go to the store during the day because I was waiting on the phone call that never came and couldn't go this morning for the same reason so I went last night.  Zach went with me and held the trunk lid up so I could air up the "spare" tire.  It registered 0 before I put any air in it.  I'll check again in a few days to see if it's holding air or if there is a leak somewhere.

Anyway...dehydrator.  I'm thinking I can use it to dry my herbs once I grow them.  Or if I can grow them.  I've had rosemary growing for about 5 months now and I have one tiny little plant that doesn't even come close to resembling rosemary except for the scent.  I need to get my Encylopedia of Country Living out and read up on it.  And other herbs.

I've got several tomato plants that fell over during the last rain, which wasn't hard at all but for some reason created enough weight on the plants that they broke off and fell over.  I'm not having a good gardening year.  The tobacco is pasty green instead of lush green, almost like they've gotten too much water but I haven't watered them but once in two months.  We've had lots of rain but the garden drains well so I don't know if it's just that brand of tobacco or what the problem is.  Tom is going to cultivate it this weekend.  He has today off for his sister's wedding which means he has tomorrow off as well.

I managed to work a bit on the bathroom curtain but I suspect it will be just as heavy and a blanket.  Still, I'm not starting over anymore.  It will just have to do.  I won't be getting much cleaning done this weekend with Tom home but maybe I'll just take this opportunity to rest on the couch with my knitting and some dvds.  I'm watching Goblet of Fire with all the extras.  I turned it off last night because I was trying to stay awake until it occurred to me that I should...duh...just go to sleep.  I slept for all of 10 minutes before I woke up again.

So this weekend will be largely spent on the couch because I haven't done that in ages and since I can...


ETA:  Sigh...I did it again...posted the wrong entry to the wrong blog.  I really do need the weekend off.

BB

No comments:

Post a Comment