Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Star Wars Day!

May the fourth be with you!  (Yes, I stole this from my other blog.)

I'm still working on figuring out the camera so no pictures yet.  Maybe by Friday.  It would have been a good day with all the sunshine but I got involved in errands, laundry and other mundane stuff.

I'm still lagging behind on studying the things I'd like to learn more about.  I sometimes just make it through the day so I'm not going to beat myself up over it, but there are times when I make choices that aren't healthy for me physically or spiritually and that sets me back a bit.  Still...not beating myself up over it.  I'm just going to move on and try to do better next time.

Hopefully once I get the hang of my new camera, I'll get out more, if for no other reason than to just take some pictures of Nature in all her glory.  Plus I need to get out and take more care of the faerie garden.  I decided to keep it as that instead of a grove, mostly because mowing would be a bitch.  I'm nothing if not practical.  Plus, I need to connect with the rare ones as I've been experiencing some bizarre mischievousness around the house of late:  Professor's lead taken off the post and lying in the middle of the porch...twice.  Lights turned on that I know were turned off.  At first I thought it might be our neighbor since some of this started when  he moved next door, but there was absolutely no reason for him to do it.  We've been nothing but nice to him and he's a pretty private guy, which we absolutely respect.  Some of it has happened when he wasn't home.  And if a person had been on my front porch, Professor would have gone ape-shit...and he didn't.

I think it's the fey.  I don't think I properly rewarded them for returning the car keys last summer.  I left out some jewelry, which they didn't take, when I should have left them milk and honey or something along those lines.  I'm going to try to make up with them and see if we can't co-exist in peace.  I don't need any more mischief!

I'm getting ready to dye the yarn I spun into singles before I ply them.  Maybe I'll do that Friday instead of using up gas to go to town.  And I just got my pound of fleece to scour and card before I spin it.  I love doing these things.  I feel so close to the god/desses when I'm crafting.  Especially when I get as close to the beginning of the project as I can.  But no, I can't have my own sheep, darn it!  Still, I think I will go to the Wisconsin Sheep & Wool Festival this fall, though.  I can pick up a whole fleece there and not have to pay postage.

One thing I've really got to get back to is taking better care of my home environmentally.  I don't recycle as well as I should, although it's much better than it used to be.  Still, I could go the extra mile.  I can't afford the green cleaners but I make my own laundry soap and don't buy the fancy cleaners out there.  I just use the basics...like vinegar and ammonia.  Although not together! 

Plus I need to get this place really cleaned out and smudged.  I think there is a negative air about the place that has been here since we moved in.  Seriously it's almost like we're under a curse.  I've looked up several spells and things to do about it and all involve getting the shit cleaned up first so I should take that step and then worry about the negativity.  Because I'm pretty sure clutter and dirt can't produce positive energy.

Well, time to finish up supper and the laundry and then move on to my knitting and crocheting.  I finally found a pattern for an afghan for Zach.

BB

2 comments:

  1. May the fourth be with you too and may your lisp clear up as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Thorry. I'll thee about fixthing that.

    ReplyDelete