Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring is in the air and I'm in love

With rosemary, that is.  The herb, silly. I don't know why but I can't get enough of the scent.  I bought Suave shampoo with rosemary (my poor husband smells like rosemary now), I have a lovely rosemary candle from Tana, I'm burning rosemary in my censer, and I am going to plant some rosemary seeds this weekend.

I used to absolutely hate the smell and taste of it but now I'm going nuts over it.  I haven't looked it up in my herb encyclopedia yet, but I'm guessing therein lies the answer.

Okay, here it is:

Powers:  Protection, Love, Lust, Mental Powers, Exorcism, Purification, Healing, Sleep, Youth.

There it is!!!!  Sleep!  Or maybe Healing!

It also attracts elves.  That may be it as well.

I'm itching to get my fingers in dirt but I don't intend to start any seeds until March.  It will be a while before I can get them in the ground.

But I'm connecting with Nature again and that makes me feel more alive.  I also bought some yellow silk carnations to go with my silk daisies on my altar.  I'm in need of color in my life right now. 

I'm nearly done with my Greek afghan which will become my altar cloth.  Or the under-cloth to my altar.  I still use bandanas so far.  Eventually I'll make some that are more seasonal but for now I'm good.

I'll try to get some pictures of the afghan when I'm done.  I've really fallen down on the photography thing with both blogs.  Mostly it's because it's so dark in this house and partly because the house is a wreck and there's no way I want you guys to see how I really live. :)

I'm having an early night again tonight.  I could get used to this sleep thing.  Now if I can just heal enough to get the energy thing, too.

Blessed be

3 comments:

  1. I was invited to a local coven's monthly salon last night (it was such a great experience) and the topic was daily spiritual rituals. Everyone went around and shared what things they do everyday and I learned, "Oh! That's why I hang dried rosemary at my front door!" and "Oh! That's why I insist to facing north when at my altar." Trusting my gut - it's important. Nice to know my gut knows what it's doing. ;)

    I'm itching to get my beds planted too but considering we had a high of 32 today, it won't be happening for a while yet. I hope my rosemary plant from last year revives itself after our super cold winter.

    I'm exhausted and hoping for an early night too. Blessed be dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rosemary garlic roasted potatoes, if that's relevant to anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tana, how wonderful! I have to face west at my altar because that's the only direction I have available. But it feels right so I don't worry about it. I'm learning to trust my gut. :)I'm anxious to start on my herbs right now so I might go get some seed pots and get going on the ones I already have seeds for.

    Debra, I've never tried rosemary garlic roasted potatoes but I'm anxious to now. And food is always relevant to everything! :)

    ReplyDelete