Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Taking a stand. No more!

One of the biggest hurdles for me in committing to the Norse path has been the overt racism that exists in a loud group of Heathens.  I finally decided, after finding a group of people online who feel the way I do about it, that I won't let the bigots keep me away from the gods I love.  I also won't be silent about it.  They can justify it all they want but it's all bigotry and I won't have it!

Unfortunately I'm seeing racism creep into other branches of Paganism as well, not just the Norse and Anglo Saxon paths.  On a Hellenic board I've seen some fascism pop up with all the white superiority that goes along with it.  Celtic groups have seen their share of it as well.  I think it's mostly a response to the brazen racists who think it's okay to come out of the closet they've been hiding in for the past 50 years.  Well, not hiding so much as just not being as overt as they are now.


It's good that people are finally speaking out now and letting the racists know they're not going to be the only spokespeople for the path we're all on.  But that means I have to be one of those who speaks out as well.  I'm not good at confrontation and I'm not good at debate but I'm not going to let anyone else define for me the gods I believe in and love.

And let's not be "tolerant" of others when that tolerance masks an ugliness no matter how pretty they've tried to dress it up.  Don't like it?  Don't read my blog then. 

No racism, no white supremacy, no white pride, no folk groups.  It's all code for racism and it's not welcome here or in my religion.


No comments:

Post a Comment