Sunday, June 3, 2018

Pondering

I've been doing a lot of reading, mostly in Scott Cunningham's and Christopher Penczak's books with all kinds of thinking about both. Scott's book is familiar while Chris's is brand new to me. As with any new direction I take, I find my path not as black and white as when I started. I knew Wicca would not be the end result. Instead it seems to be the template although not the foundation. I am a hard polytheist so the dual nature, the god and goddess, are definitely not the path I can comfortably take. To me the gods are the gods with their own mythologies and cultures. So as a religion Wicca just doesn't work for me. But the study of magic and the rituals that come from Wicca, the practices, are a starting point.

The Celtic world feels like home, the place I keep coming back to. My ancestors were Celtic although that isn't a pre-requisite to walking this path. It's just a connection. But one that has deep roots. My biggest problem is that I have to stop viewing the world, and all my decisions, as black and white, all or nothing. Which comes from being taught those concepts all my life. It's hard to change after all this time.

It's time to broaden my scope though. Bring my Celtic books back out and start allowing myself to veer from the straight and narrow from time to time. Let intuition have a bigger place in my life. And listen. Listen to myself, to the gods and goddesses and those in my life who have more life experience.

The biggest thing I have to learn right now is to give up the power I let others have over me. Learn to ignore those who I fear are laughing at me because of the choices I have made. I have heard the laughter and ridicule. And I have heard about the laughter and ridicule. I would rather not have any friends than have those people in my life. But I am blessed by the gods because I do have many true friends who love me for who I am, who laugh with me and not at me. Okay, sometimes they laugh at me, too, but in a kind, funny way.

And so the lessons continue, both in life and in my spirituality. Soon the practical will begin in both arenas. I try not to be impatient but I am anxious to begin the actual practical lessons. And learn to work around my limitations. And get over the self-pity.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment